Role Purpose / Summary
HEAnet are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to work as part of the Networks Team. The successful candidate will report to the Networks Manager. The team is responsible for the day to day management, support and development of HEAnet’s network. The role will involve substantial client interaction, via phone and email as well as face-to-face.
The successful candidate will be working with a current team of a Technical Architect, Network Engineers, Senior Network Engineers and a Service Delivery Manager. Training will be provided (a mixture of formal and on-the-job) in an open and supportive manner with ample opportunity to explore new technologies and propose innovative solutions to problems.
Key Responsibility Areas
The successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Support HEAnet's backbone, access and datacentre networks;
- Support and maintain HEAnet's data centres;
- Contribute to troubleshooting and problem resolution;
- Communicate with clients and peer networks, particularly during problem resolution;
- Communicate with telecoms network and network equipment providers;
- Take part in the Networks NOC duty roster both in and out of hours (on-call);
- Contribute to configuration, management and maintenance of network equipment;
- Assist in the testing of new and existing network systems;
- Provide documentation for all changes made and systems deployed;
- Assist with visitor escorts, installation and de-installation of equipment at client locations and PoPs nationwide;
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring in network administration to Network Engineers on the team;
- Keep up to date with new technologies and methodologies.
Any other duties within the general requirement of the role which may be required from time to time.
Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Network engineering role, providing network management support for internal and external customers;
- Strong working knowledge of router and switch configuration, monitoring and management;
- Experience with either JUNOS or Cisco IOS required; experience with both an advantage, JUNOS preferred;
- Ability to logically troubleshoot and evaluate issues especially those related to connectivity. The applicant must have strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to demonstrate those skills;
- Experience with MPLS i.e. L2VPN/L3VPN;
- Good knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network protocols;
- Experience with BGP and either IS-IS or OSPF;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to work alone or within a team environment;
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- Full drivers licence;
- Familiarity with network management and maintaining tools (Graphing, Remote connectivity testing, and Netflow);
- Strong customer focus and a sincere desire to provide outstanding support and service;
- Strong working knowledge and management of Access Control Lists;
- Good attention to detail.
Other Relevant Information
- JNCIS or JNCDS or CCNP (or above) industry certification;
- Strong working knowledge of at least one Linux based OS (preferably Ubuntu);
- Thorough understanding of DNS & SNMP;
- Experience with ISP provisioning systems;
- Familiarity with network device configuration management systems;
- Basic knowledge of RADIUS;
- Experience with SSH, SSL, and Shibboleth;
- Experience of networking technologies such as Ethernet, metro ethernet, CWDM/DWDM, MPLS;
- Experience of Arista networking devices;
- Experience in use of, or contribution to, open source software;
- Experience with python scripting / vendor APIs (meaning Juniper PyEZ or Arista Pyeapi);
- Experience with DDoS mitigation techniques/systems;
- Experience with public/hybrid cloud solutions;
- Data Centre virtualisation;
- Familiarity with network device configuration management systems (Chef/Salt/Ansible);
- Experience with GIT.
Educated to degree level in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate will be based at HEAnet's office, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1 and will be required to attend HEAnet client locations and PoPs nationwide in the delivery of Network services.
We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
HEAnet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.