HEAnet and its subsidiary company EduCampus are publicly funded, not for profit companies with charitable tax exemptions. Their e-infrastructure services and management information systems underpin academic research and education activity in Ireland.
HEAnet connects learners and researchers across all of Ireland to education resources and to fellow national educational and research networks in Europe, and the rest of the world. EduCampus is a shared services initiative that provides business critical Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application services and Management Information Systems (MIS) systems to the Higher Education and Research sectors in Ireland.
We are looking for a Management Accountant for a six-month fixed-term contract to lead the EduCampus finance team.
What the Management Accountant will do
- Producing monthly management accounts to agreed timelines:
- Working closely with the management team to ensure accurate coding of financial information.
- Providing an analysis of key expenditure items with appropriate explanatory comments
- Preparing multi-annual budgets in collaboration with functional managers
- Preparing grant funding claims & monitoring expenditure against grant funded activities
- Responsible for maintaining BS schedules for various control accounts and undertaking monthly balance sheet reviews
- Preparing cashflow forecasts, and monitoring cash position for the company
- Generating updates for finance sub-committee and board meetings, including developing new reports as required
- Monitoring and reporting against relevant key performance indicators
- Providing insight and guidance to the executive management team regarding business performance
- Providing leadership in the development of appropriate processes and procedures for accounting activities for the company, including the preparation of accounts statements, accounts payable and receivable etc.
- Ensuring that financial controls are operated to the highest standards and providing recommendations to improve processes, systems, and controls on an on-going basis within the company
- Active participation in the roll out of new systems functionality and the introduction of automated
systems and processes across the company
Other duties might include
- Supporting the Head of Finance with the preparation of additional reporting to the board and finance sub-committee
- Additional finance and accounting tasks within the wider accounts team, as required
How we do it
Our company values underpin how we do things in HEAnet. We believe in and live by our values and understand they are integral to making HEAnet a great place to work.
What you get from us
From the team
We value knowledge sharing and communication. You will have a 1:1 meeting every two weeks with your manager. Every Friday we have presentations from anyone in the company on a wide range of topics from technical demos to project management to mental health. On different days of the week any team member may be working from home, so we use tools like Teams and video conferencing to keep in touch.
- Annual performance management system
- Professional education policy
- Comprehensive group and individual training & development initiatives
- On-going well-being initiatives
- Health insurance for employees
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible start/finish times
- Working from home
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Taxsaver Ticket scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
What we need from you
- Qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent) with at least five years post-qualification industry experience
- Proficient in the use of accounting software packages / ERP systems. Previous experience using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, would be an advantage
- Proficient in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including review of variances between actual and budgets with analysis of key expenditure items and appropriate commentary
- Ability to prepare a profit and loss, and a balance sheet from a Trial Balance
- Excellent core accounting skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in their own work, and in reviewing the work of others
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Experience of reporting and presenting financial information to finance and non-finance stakeholders at a senior management level
- Excellent IT & Microsoft Office skills, specifically intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Trustworthy, open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity
- A positive individual who works collaboratively with all team members
- An ability to set and meet realistic deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
We don’t need you to have experience in the following areas, but if you did it could be beneficial:
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to generate management accounts for a similar organisation
- Microsoft Office365 (SharePoint etc.) Strong experience with Power BI would be an advantage
More important information
At HEAnet we celebrate diversity and understand how important it is to our ongoing success. We would like to hear from candidates who are great at what they do and whose values align with ours.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know.